What I ate and did yesterday

For breakfast yesterday, I had my usual whole-wheat English muffin with two tablespoons of natural peanut butter and two slices of tomato. This was at 8:04am. I also had a mug of green tea, but I won't list all my liquids consumption here because it gets pretty repetitive. I do focus on making sure I'm hydrated though, and I only drink water or plain decaf or herbal tea later in the day.

My morning snack was at 10:39am and consisted of 12 almonds. This was the same thing I had for an afternoon snack at 3:18pm, which was about 3 hours after lunch.

For lunch at 12:06pm, I had my usual plate of roasted vegetables and baked tofu. Yesterday, the roasted vegetables were broccoli and Brussels sprouts. I put some Trader Joe's Zhoug sauce on the tofu for extra flavor. It was less than one tablespoon's worth.

After finishing my lunch plate, I was still hungry. So I ate a bit of crab salad, which is made from a can of lump crab meat from Costco with two tablespoons of vegan Hellman's mayonnaise, a bit of salt and pepper, and a half tablespoon of lemon juice. I finished off lunch with half a mineola orange.

For dinner at 5:27pm, I had two tiny, thin slices of vegetable pizza with plant-based cheese since I'm extremely lactose intolerant. I had a bit more crab salad and some roasted corn. Then I finished off dinner with a Honeycrisp apple.

I haven't been eating after dinner for the past few days, but yesterday, I was particularly hungry. My son did eat about half my apple, contributing to the stomach grumbles. So at 7:57pm, right before my 8pm eating cut-off, I had a chunk of extra-firm tofu marinated in soy sauce and sesame oil and seared on a cast-iron pan. It was approximately 1/8 of a tofu container, which is about 40 calories, plus whatever oil was clinging to it.

In terms of activity, yesterday was a slow day. I didn't go for my morning hike or do any major house cleaning because my kids were remote from school yesterday, and I had to keep tabs on my son. I did get in a 15-minute yoga session and de-iced the car. The driveway had a thin layer of snow from the prior night, and I swept that to the sides of our driveway using a large broom. And that concludes the food and activity highlights from yesterday.

Comments

Popular Posts